Volga Baikal AGRO NEWS Update on the Agricultural Machinery in RUSSIA !!!
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE: RUSSIA BUYS ABOUT 30% OF AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY ABROAD
A share of Russian and Belarusian-made machinery in the Russian agro-industrial complex is about 70%, the rest 30% is imported, while the logistics issues are solved by the company by promptly changing supply channels or reorienting to alternative suppliers, the press service of the Ministry of Agriculture told RIA Novosti.
“A share of Russian and Belarusian-made equipment is increasing annually and today it is about 70%, including tractors – 70%, combine harvesters – 80%, forage harvesters – 70%. The missing volume is imported. These are mainly special machines for harvesting and primary processing of root crops, vegetables, fruits and industrial crops,”
the Ministry of Agriculture reported.
The ministry stressed that the emerging issues with the logistics of imported agricultural machinery and components of the company are solved “by promptly changing the supply channels or reorienting to alternative suppliers.” “At the same time, according to regional service centers, the agropark has been provided with the necessary volume of spare parts and consumables for the spring sowing campaign,” the Ministry of Agriculture stressed.
According to the ministry, Russian farmers in 2021 purchased about 63 thousand units of equipment, which is 6.7% more than in 2020. Since the beginning of this year, farmers have already purchased more than 7 thousand units of equipment. The ministry recalled that earlier the government allocated 12 billion rubles to farmers to support the program of preferential leasing of agricultural machinery. “More than a third of all new machines that are purchased annually by agricultural producers are purchased using this mechanism,” the Ministry of Agriculture explained.
In turn, the Russian association of manufacturers of specialized equipment Rosspetsmash told RIA Novosti that in 2021 the total production of Russian agricultural machinery reached record levels in the entire Russian history and amounted to 218 billion rubles, which is 46% more than in the same period of 2020, the shipment increased by 33% to 199 billions of rubles.
“Moreover, enterprises are able to increase this indicator in the presence of effective demand, because their production capacities are underutilized,” – the association noted.
According to Rosspetsmash, there are more than 100 agricultural machinery manufacturers in the Russian Federation, which occupy more than half of the Russian market. In such key positions as combine harvesters and powerful tractors, Russian enterprises occupy leading positions in the domestic market.