Volga Baikal AGRO NEWS Updates on the Feed Production !!!
Leu AGRO Group – a Switzerland-Based Group specializing in the development and management of farms in the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan. Activities in Russia and Kazakhstan are carried out by Volga Baikal AGRO LLC., its Russian Registered Subsidiary since December 2018.
“Volga Baikal AGRO’s core competency lies in the development and operational design, with its capability of vertical integration as core formula of success. Our venture projects are in different geographical locations of the Russian Federation,” – tells Martin Leu, founder and CEO of Leu-AGRO Group Switzerland.
The aim of Volga Baikal AGRO LLC. is to provide quality agricultural services including know-how and technical expertise. Development and operation of sustainable agriculture farming projects for farmers and agriculture investors, businesses and consumers in the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan.
It’s feed-harvesting season for the Dairy and Beef Industries. Green feed is the basis of the proper diet of livestock in dairy farms. High-quality feed in great quality and sufficient volume is a guarantee for stable milk production of high quality. In the Volga Region of the Russian Federation cutting of the first of multiply cuts of Grass Silage has in Middle to later May.
Today, Martin Leu, founder and CEO of Leu-AGRO Group Switzerland and Volga Baikal AGRO LLC., its subsidiary in the Russian Federation, is pleased to share his experience of the feed preparation.
As usual, we start to cut grasses in May. The most important factor is to achieve the highest quality, with high level of protein in the silage. The main goal is “Quality First – Yield Second”, as soon as production parameters and protein levels are visible in Alfalfa or Grass Mixes it’s time to start cutting the grass!
5 Main criteria for the successful feed preparation:
1) Proper Development of the Feed-Crop including the Purchase of high-quality seeds of Alfalfa and Grass Mixtures.
2) Grow and maintain the highly nutritious grass fields.
3) Start cutting just in time, not to lose the protein content; “Quality First – Yield Second”
4) Prepare sufficient number of feeds (usually, feed in storage should last at least for 18 months);
5) An important part of the preparation of feed is the correct and timely cutting, conditioning, and laying of the crops. Farms should have enough equipment to finish 1 cut of the feed in +/- 10 days so to achieve 3 cuttings for each season. Proper timing of chopping the feed at the right moisture level are essential for the storage in the bunkers at the farms. In the feed storage bunkers the green mass is pushed and layered and then packed with heavy equipment, proper packing equipment for proper storage. The process ends with the storage bunkers are covered and sealed so the fermentation process can take over and the feed after about 3 months can be used in the daily feed ration and consumption.
For reference: Volga Baikal AGRO supports the Dairy Farming Industries. We are happy to answer all your questions and help you to develop the entire program from establishment to harvest and storage.
We wish Everybody Safe Feed Season to get High-Quality Feeds and High-Level Milk Production!
With best regards,
Martin Leu, Founder, and CEO of Leu-AGRO Group Switzerland